Ahahaha..officially 40 weeks sudah!! Top symptoms for week 40 adalah FATIGUE, atau dalam bahasa mudah paham ialah letih, lesu dan seangkatan dengannya.
What It Feels Like?
During your pregnancy, you might feel tired even after you've had a lot of sleep. Or you may be getting very little sleep. Insomnia is the inability to sleep at night, which of course makes you tired and cranky during the day. Many women find they're exhausted in the first trimester. Don't worry, this is normal! This is your body's way of telling you that you need more rest. In the second trimester, tiredness is usually replaced with a feeling of well being and energy. But in the third trimester, exhaustion often sets in again.
Your baby lives on a 24-hour click and his/her metabolism keeps going even when it's your bedtime. This can affect your body responses. As you get larger, sleeping may become more difficult. The baby's movement, bathroom runs, night sweats, and increase in the body's metabolism might interrupt or disturb your sleep. Leg cramping can also interfere with a good night's sleep.
How to alleviate fatigue and prevent insomnia?
- Lie on your left side.
- Use pillows for support, such as behind your back, tucked between your knees and under your tummy (i love my maternity pillow, very very much!)
- Practice good sleep habits, such as going to bed and getting up at the same time each day.
- Go to bed a little earlier
- Nap of you are not able to get enough sleep at night.
- Drink needed fluids earlier in the day, so you can drink less in the hours before bed.
- Try a warm bath. The drop in temperature after you get out may lull you into sleep.
- Drink hot milk at bedtime.
- Try a relaxing massage.
- Watch TV or read until you feel sleepy.
- Try to stay cool while you sleep.
Hehehe, good luck guys in trying the tips given!